Saturday, August 26, 2017

Week 1 / Left Shoulder

Week 1 - Left Shoulder Rotator cuff surgery 
August 18-24, 2017

Drugs- Celebrex for 3 days - made me sleepy + Narco for 3 days - didn't think it was doing much and it made me constipated, so I stoppes taking it after 3 days. Baby Aspirin at night.

Pain - not too bad in the sling. Hurts when i let my arm hang down, which i try to do 3 times per day. Also seems to hurt when the waist band is too tight.

Ice Therapy - 5 x per day for 30 minutes

Exercise: Arm hang circles(2 x 20 reps each direction), radial twists w/ arm bent at side (2 x 20 reps), wrist flexion w/ arm hanging straight down, wrist abduction and adduction.
Walking around the neighborhood - starting w/ 4 blocks and increasing.

Showering:  Duct taping Saran wrap over steri-strips. 

Weight Management: Right after the surgery, I was up to 139lbs and then cam back to 135lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment