Monday, February 15, 2016

Day 6: Doctor's Visit

So you should know that I haven't been moving my right arm at all besides squeezing a rubber ball. At the doctor's office I was told that I needed to start physical therapy immediately because I had frozen shoulder going into the surgery. I was also given some painful exercises to do 3-5 times a day. The first exercise was to bend over and let my right arm hang loosely while rotating my hips in a clockwise and then counter clockwise motion. I was told that I wasn't relaxing my arm, but it was more like I was afraid how much it was going to hurt if I did. The next exercise is to sit in front of a low table and walk my fingers out. The last one was to keep my elbow at my side and bring my hand up to my mouth as in the sign "to eat" in sign language. This was the only one that I could do that didn't hurt. I was also told to start to use my hands more as in typing and writing. I did not get permission to try to twist off a Gatorade bottle top, but tried in vain anyway. It was beyond me. Too hard, too much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment